Hello,
I GOT IT!!!
YES_- i found out about 2 weeks ago. She (Jeanne), just wanted to make sure that I can start working by 6th Jan.. and she mentioned an expedited process regarding H1B visa.. and that the company will have to pay $1k extra... and she wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to leave after a few months or even a year. So I said no-- I'm planning to stay there for a while.
So then she said, Congratulations. You got the job.(well, not quite like that.. but more like, "we'd like to extend the offer to you". So, I got the offer letter in the mail on Tuesday (the conversation took place on Monday) and I mailed my response on my birthday (Friday, Dec 13th).
So, I have accepted the job..
I still can't believe it's happening. I fear that it's all a dream and that when i get to the office on monday morning, 6th jan- they're gonna say "Surprise-- you've been sucked in to believing you got the job!!"..
argh.. i hope it ain't a joke.. coz i've been running around doing all this admin stuff and finding accommodation and what have you!
And just getting ready for NYC!
Someone pinch me!!! Maybe it's a really really long dream-- maybe we're living in the matrix-- (red/ blue pills.. ok- i don't know any quotes from the movie. I still don't get the movie.. haha).
I'm scared-- yet excited.. but mostly scared. NYC- what on earth am i doing in this part of the world? Only God knows I guess.
I will be checking out churches and there is a BSF in NYC- so I will go and check it out too.
I will be staying in a one bdr apartment btw 3 girls for at least a month- (the other two are students at Uni) and it's on hte same block as Empire State Building. So hopefully, no more terrorist attacks please!!
It's a 10min walk to Times Sq.
Rent is very high- $766 - so that's a con.
Can you believe it.. me living away from home? and in a different country. I never expected it..
was thinking that i was gonna be one of those girls who live at home till im 30+!!
Alright.. i think i've bored you enough.
Can someone come over and teach me how to cook??
MUM!!!!!
Right.. I'm officially done here at PSU-- i had my last exam yest-- so I'm just bludging..
and err.. leaving here for the big apple on sat morning. To begin a new chapter of my life-- yeah-- sounds corny.
haha.. i'm out of words and it's stinking hot in this lab!
So-- past few days, been trying to organise accomodation- when i should be studying.. yes-- terrible terrible me!! Far out.. really tough!! So so hard.
I will trust in God. He will lead me!!
ALright.. time to go..
so far- all A's for all subjects! woo hoo.
Cheers,
Pei Li

<< Home